Sunday, December 27, 2009

We did it! Rose and I enjoyed dashing thru the snow today. Although we only went about 2 miles(it is still pretty darn cold out!) our ride was beautiful. With snow up to her knees, Rose made a fine sight trotting and loping effortlessly thru the drifts. By the time we made it back to the barn, even though I had on all my winter riding gear, my toes and fingers were cold. It didn't bother Rose any though, she didn't even hardly work up a sweat. I gave her a rubdown, put on a blanket, gave her a treat and she was a happy horse.
Chelsey lunged Carma this afternoon, (she said it was too cold to ride!) and once again Carma worked wonderfully for her. Wednesday is our next opportunity to ride and I am hoping for a few degrees warmer, even close to minus 5C would be like a heatwave!
Wherever you may be.... enjoy your horses, stay warm and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment