Thursday, August 27, 2009

She's Staying!

After months of begging and a few tears, I have relented to Chelsey, and Carma is no longer "For Sale". I have made Chelsey very happy and probably Carma too as they are quite the pair together. Hard on Mom's pocketbook but the smile she wears is worth a million dollars!

Rose is getting some serious saddle time this past week, and I am hoping to ride her daily from now until Spruce Meadows. The only thing I have come across that she does not like is vehicles coming up behind her, and we are working on that! She is used to Justin's 250cc dirt bike ripping thru the yard and all about the place , just don't come up behind her on 4 wheels. Does a little dance, nothing serious , after all she is a Canadian!
Last week I was palying with her on the ground with a blue tarp and an umbrella, no worries says Rose!... So I saddled her up, mounted her with the umbrella in a closed position, played with it a bit opening and closing it and ended my ride with umbrella open, holding it in one hand above us, reins in the other hand and standing on the blue tarp. She thought that it was all in a days work! Good girl Rose!

Life is just better with horses in it. Canadian horses!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment